There are two types of homeowners out there: ones who simply want a place to live and ones who want a place to call “home.” What’s the difference? Someone who wants to call their place “home” is someone who’s always looking for ways to make their home stand out and express more of their personal design interests. However, even for people who are certain they want to make their house a “home,” it’s not always easy to find the right materials or people to get the job done correctly. In this blog, we’re going to take a look at why natural stone is such a great material for improving your home’s overall design.
It may sound weird saying that natural stone has an “emotional impact” on your home, but bear with me! We spend too much of our lives inside buildings with artificial lighting, closed off from the outside world. Although on a day-to-day basis, it may not seem like this affects us much, over time, it can take a serious toll on our health and well-being. Natural stone, whether you use it inside or outside your home could be just the thing you need to feel more at one with nature rather than trapped inside an artificial construct.
This goes for many types of stone, but especially for natural stone. Versatility is an important aspect of any building material because you don’t want your home to look the exact same as your neighbor’s or your neighbor’s neighbor. With natural stone, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles and cut the stone exactly how you need it. It can also be used for a whole slew of different purposes like flooring, countertops, walkways, benches, or anything else you can think of. If you can dream it, you can do it!
Many Different Styles
Going along with the idea of versatility, natural stone comes in a variety of different colors, shapes, and styles.
- Granite is one of the most durable natural stones behind sapphire, rubies, and diamonds meaning it’s perfect as a heat, scratch, and chip resistant stone.
- Limestone is known for its ability to actually improve in appearance as it ages.
- Marble has been used for millennia, dating back to use in ancient Greece for statues and buildings. It’s a beautiful stone, but not as hard as granite.
- Sandstone is usually composed of feldspar and quartz — two of the earth’s most common minerals. This gives sandstone a great natural look.
- Slate has been used in construction for thousands of years due to its ability to resist freezing and thawing cycles, acid, and is non-absorptive.
Contact Your Natural Stone Providers
Loukonen Bros is your top provider for natural stone in Colorado. Whether you’re looking to completely redesign your home’s interior or exterior with natural stone, or you’re just looking to add some finishing touches, we’re here to help. Give us a call or visit our site to learn more.